Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Orphanage visit
On the way back from Jinje, we stopped at an orphanage where they keep newborns and toddlers, some affected with AIDs, and some not. It’s amazing to see how nice these orphanages seem, and how much the missionaries can make something as nice as possible with literally no resources to work with. The walls were painted with noah’s ark paintings, and it was very clean and organized, these people really sacrifice their lives for these kids. They had a little over 50 kids there, with pictures from kids who had just arrived, kids who had been adopted, and then kids who had passed away while being there. One little boy wanted to be held, so I held him, and afterwards, realized he had a very dirty diaper, so I smelled like it the rest of the day, I think I still do… hmmm…a little tiny glimpse into what these women who are taking care of them face daily. Afterwards, we enjoyed Mexican food, something I was really excited about, because it was a break from rice, beans and fish or chicken, what we’ve eaten nearly every meal…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment