Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jinje- "Poo poo island"

On Tuesday, our team of chaperones went for a little retreat to Jinje. Jinje is a beautiful tourist town. While there, we got to see the source of the Nile, which is quite beautiful, and you can see where the water is naturally still, and then somehow naturally just starts flowing. We also passed “poo poo island” as the tour guide called it. On this Island, the birds eat 2 kg of fish a day and poop every 15 minutes. So the whole island is of course, covered in poo. I also got to see a giant spider, when while I was concentrating hard on the spider, one of the other chaperones decided to take her hand from behind and “claw” me which made me erupt in a rather blood curdling scream.(I also slept talked about it that night,,, haha) While in town, I also heard Psalm 98A, a song I sing at my home church, on a CD being sung in Ugandan… hmmm… We stayed in these really nice tents, although a little funny because the shower and toilet were right out there in the open, but our tent was right on the edge of a cliff that overlooked the Nile River, and several hills of tea plants, it was really amazing and beautiful! The Nile is quite a strong river, and tomorrow I will be rafting it, a little scared about thatJ but it should be fun! And it’s crazy, because you will frequently see a little man without a shirt or life jacket out there in a kayak, standing up fishing…

1 comment:

Chrislyn said...

oh how i miss your sleep talking :)

i love you, terese! thank you for your updates. i pray for you whenever i think of you!