Sunday, August 5, 2007
auntie- new mommy
Makendye, the school where my choir, choir 30 are training for tour, is located in a suburb of Kampala. The first thing that I noticed upon meeting these children is thier exceptional behavior. These kids line up, are quite, well bahaved, do chores frequently, and every time I walk in, I am greeted with a big, toothy grin, smiling eyes, and a "welcome auntie". I know this seemingly "angelic" behavior only comes from having people taking care of them who discipline them. I've been thinking a lot about this, because i'm learning, quite quickly some of the nooks and crannies that children play to avoid discipline, yet i'm learning how i will be in doing this in the future with these kids. they truly are amazing children, i love them all a lot, but this is something that I'm going to be learning quickly, is how to parent them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment