Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Concert

Last night, we had our first concert. It was at a beautiful, old presbyterian church in Davenport, Iowa. The church itself seemed to be a medium sized church, however, by 6:30 (the concert started at 7), the place was already almost full, so we knew that there were going to be a lot of people there. The place was jammed packed! We kept trying to add more chairs, as my product table kept getting pushed farther and farther back. I'm the product manager, at least that's my job during concert nights, so i supervise selling of our lovely merchandise. Anyways, I've decided it's sorta like putting on a huge show, but we do it 4 or 5 times a week. I'm hoping that it will become more natural soon, but at the moment, I'm still learning all the little details of my job, and it's stressful, but we're getting there! The concert itself went really well:) the people cheered loud, for a first concert, we didn't have any noticable mistakes, and the offering plates were piled high:) this morning there was a nice review in the paper about it, so that's always good too:)
I am in my first host family at this moment, and so far it has been good. I think i'll have to begin fitting in a workout more frequently, as we seem to be extremely well fed, and i sit at a desk during the day and work on my product stuff:) so the activity level is low!:) Tommorrow, we have another concert in Iowa, City, Iowa. I'm hoping the quality continues to grow! The children are quickly becoming the loves of my life... i must say i don't have a spare moment in the day, because they take it all up, but i'm loving it:) so it's good! The other day, Anna, one of my seven year olds, looked over while she was trying to eat broccoli and said "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." How cute is that:) Anyways, it's funny things like this that make my job worth doing.
Prayer request:
t I suppose if I had a prayer request, it would be that our days are really long, we don't get breaks really, and so the potential for burnout quickly is high.... We don't actually get a day off until after next week, because there's too much to do, so if you could pray that God would give me strength to finish off three weeks without a day off well, that would be great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl--nice post--I like the pictures, too! I need to set up my own blogspot. love, mom