I'm sitting here in Washington DC, thinking over the days events. We spent almost 11 hours in the bus today, and finished the evening with a reheasal for the children's event tommorrow. There are kids sleeping in the bed next to me, and as I sit here, although it's exhausting I am realizing what a gift it is to be content. To know that this is exactly where God wants you to be. My life is wierd. I think when I went home on vacation last week, I was reminded of how "different" of a life I live right now. My dad tells me, not in a bad way, but he says I could never do what you do. People tell us that all the time. As i was thinking over the vacation's ups and downs, I was reminded of a beautiful truth. When God calls you to something, He will equip you for it. As I look back on this year,it's really amazing to see the work God has done in my life, in these kids lives, and in our group. One thing I've learned this year is that God doesn't always call you to the easy things. And when you think something might be some way, it may turn out to be completely different. Tour has been hard and amazing, and fun and exhausting and fulfilling in ways that many people will never fully understand. It's been different then I thought, I've struggled with things I didn't know would be there, and been overwhelmed by blessings i never expected.
As much as touring can make a person so tired, when this happens... I've learned to stop, take a breath, and look at my kids. It's been over a year. Everyone in our group is still here, the children are still very happy. And everything about them, thier smiles, they're energy and crazy love for each other and our choir family shows one thing to me... restoration. This is a huge reason to thank my Lord. Wow, what a huge miracle it is, that God has brought us though 13 months of touring. Amidst long days, hard host families, stressful concerts and pressures that come from being in a tiny space with the same people constantly, here we are... 13 months in and things are still going well. What a reason to praise Him. and I see these children, who now have a future, one they could not have had before this, and it makes all the struggles completely worthwhile.
Anyways, all this to say, God never abandons those who fervently follow Him, He restores me, and gives me everything I need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment